Welcome back to Active Life Health Clinic's November newsletter.
Finding yourself time-challenged?
Being a busy person myself, I know that taking care of your health can
sometimes conflict with your work demands and vice versa. So,
I have a solution for you. Talk to your employer, HR department, or Wellness department about bringing Active Life Mobile Health Services
to your office. If your office is in Vancouver (or close
enough); if we can schedule at least 2 patients back to back; and if
you have a space big enough to set up a massage table or massage chair
in a place where you can be comfortable, then my registered
acupuncturists can come to you! Read on to learn more.
a fun side-note, a patient of mine (thanks T.J.!) pointed out that he
found a picture of my most recent business card on a Russian website.
Check it out here (scroll down about one third, but look at the other cards too--fun!).
If you no longer wish to receive these monthly e-newsletters, please email us to have your name removed from the list.
Helping you help yourself!
To work in partnership with you to bring you to your optimal health.
Ongoing health, not just temporary relief.
This is active health.
NEW SERVICE! We come to your office
Just in time for you to get the most of your health benefits (they will renew in the new year), I am launching Active Life Mobile Health Services.
We're all very busy and there never seems to be enough time
in a day, but your health should not suffer for that. If you
would like to:
- Reduce the frequency and durations of colds and flus
- Better manage stress
- Reduce or eliminate headaches and migraines
- Ease carpal tunnel syndrome or other repetitive strain injury (RSI) pain
- Get mobility and function back to your shoulder if you have "frozen shoulder"
- Lessen and treat neck and back tension and pain
- Improve digestion
- Help you to sleep better (at night, not at your desk!)
- Have MORE ENERGY!
- Feel happier and healthier
...then it's time to take action.
If you are an employer and you would like to:
- Decrease the number of sick days
- Improve employee retention
- Boost productivity
- Reduce employee complaints and conflicts
- Increase your profits
- Enjoy a happier workplace
- Decrease your own stress
...then ask us how we can help.
Why is a Workplace Wellness Program important?
Consider these statistics and facts:
- According to Statistics Canada, employee absence costs about $8.6 billion per year!
- Worksafe BC states that between 1997 and 2001, the average amount of days lost due to back injuries is 45 days.
- According to the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, health care expenditures are almost 50% higher for workers who report greater levels of stress.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that workers
who take time off of work because of stress, anxiety, or a related
disorder will be off the job for approximately 20 days.
- According to the 2000 Integra Survey, almost one in five respondents had quit a prior position because of job stress.
- 2000 Integra
Survey also found that “62% routinely find that
they end the day with work-related neck pain, 44% reported stressed-out
eyes, 38 complained of hurting hands and 34% reported difficulty in
sleeping because they were too stressed-out.”
of poll respondents said they would work harder for a company that is
willing to help them deal with personal problems.”
-- Roper Poll, 1995
How much money is this costing your business in sick days, WCB claims,
low productivity, employee errors, and hiring and training new
employees to replace dissatisfied workers who leave their job for
better work conditions?
- Acupuncture is safe
- Acupuncture has been tested for 3000-5000 years by billions of people
- Acupuncture will not conflict with the use of pharmaceutical drugs
- Acupuncture has
been shown to be effective in treating pain and many other health
issues. The following are just some examples. Click
on the links below for more information.
- A registered
acupuncturist will come to your office to treat at least 2 people
scheduled back-to-back for 45 minutes per session.
- We come to your
office for half-day or full-day special events (e.g.
employee appreciation days) or at regularly scheduled times to do 45
minute acupuncture sessions on employees.
- We come to your
office to present seminars and lectures on various health topics,
including how to manage stress, how to treat pain, how to eat healthy,
and how to help you help yourself be healthier.
And, if you have any ideas of what you would like us to do, please feel free to let me know. Check out our new website at www.activelife-mobile.com and contact me at email@example.com.
Thanks Michelle and Andrea for this adorable pictures of your dog
Chewy! I know that this has nothing to do with TCM, but just too
cute not to share.
Active Life Health Clinic
Dr. Melissa Carr, B.Sc., Dr.TCM, R.Ac.
Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Regent Medical Building
#410-2184 West Broadway
Vancouver, B.C., V6K 2E1
In appreciation of each of your referrals, Dr. Melissa Carr will offer you 10% off of
your health product purchase, so don't forget to tell your friends,
family, colleagues, and acquaintances to give us your name when they
book an appointment.